Helpful Tips to Unblock Your Nose and Breathe Freely
- Allergies & hayfever
- Blocked nose
- Cold & flu
- Nasal spray
- Sinus wash
Discover helpful tips to unblock your nose and relieve nasal congestion. Find relief from cold and flu, allergies, and irritants with nasal sprays and sinus washes
A blocked nose can really impact a person’s quality of life. It can affect how they feel during the day and worse still, can mean sleepless nights.
Nasal congestion can be caused by anything that irritates or inflames the nasal tissues. Respiratory infections like colds, flu or sinusitis and allergies are the most common causes of nasal congestion. A blocked or runny nose can be caused by airborne irritants or allergens that you may be breathing in.These include viruses, bacteria, pet dander, pollen, mould spores and house dust mite.
First Steps to Unblock Your Nose:
If you’re finding breathing through your nose very difficult then a preservative-free nasal decongestant spray like FLO Rapid Relief can be used. Unlike non-medicated nasal sprays, medicated nasal decongestant sprays are only recommended for adults and children over 12 years of age. FLO Rapid Relief should not be used for longer than 3 days.
Cleansing and Washing for Long-Term Relief:
Once you can breathe through your nose, you can try a preservative-free, isotonic, saline nasal spray like FLO Saline Plus or FLO Nasal Mist to wash away irritants, reduce nasal inflammation and relieve nasal symptoms.
The good news is that you can use this non-medicated preservative-free, nasal saline daily.
Tips for Children and Younger Individuals:
For children under 12 years old, try a non-medicated, preservative-free nasal saline like FLO Baby Nasal Spray and Drops and FLO Kids Nasal Spray to help wash away allergens and irritants in the nose, relieve nasal symptoms and help make breathing easier.
Other helpful tips
- Apply a warm compress or having a warm shower
- Flush out the nasal cavity and sinuses with a sinus wash kit like FLO Sinus Care
- Use a vaporiser in the office and/ or bedroom with eucalyptus oil (providing such oils don’t cause you irritation!)
- Place some extra pillows under your mattress or at the head of your bed may help.
Find the right nasal and sinus solutions for your needs and start experiencing relief today. Visit your local pharmacy or explore our online product finder for more information.
ALWAYS READ THE LABEL AND FOLLOW DIRECTIONS FOR USE.
- Healthdirect. Colds. Last reviewed April 2022. Available at: https://www.healthdirect.gov.au/colds (accessed March 2023).
- Healthdirect. Hayfever (allergic rhinitis). Last reviewed November 2022. Available at: https://www.healthdirect.gov.au/hay-fever (accessed March 2023).